Monday, May 09, 2011

It's Official!!

...no I'm not pregnant.
But it is life changing...
We're moving a little earlier than expected!

Our original PCS (permanent change of station) day was around the May 2012 time, but they've made some changes with the recruiting station and our move date has moved up because of it. Paul has a check in date of Sept 30th at Camp Pendleton in SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA!!!!! Woot Woot!!!!!

I can not tell you how excited I am for this move!!! Moving sucks, yes, but we were wanting Camp Pendleton for our next duty station anyway and now it's just earlier than expected!!!
We are going to try and have a major garage sale, sell the house and visit with family in MI within the next 4 months and hope to have enough time to enjoy a road trip of our drive to CA.
The best part of this is Paul's brother got the same duty station!!! We'll be by family out there and
my new SIL will be introduced to military lifestyle in Southern Cali!
I know a lot of people who have been there, are there and have just gotten there so I look forward to sharing the experience with them!!!
Tennessee has been good to us the short time we've been here, and I'll definitely miss some great friends I've made, but I can't say I'll miss the weather. And as someone who grew up in MI, I'm very much looking forward to sunny days the majority of the year!
Hannah's already running around saying "me and mommy are going to be California Girls!" And Ethan was VERY excited to learn about Lego Land right outside base!


Keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next few months, it'll be a busy, stressful time, but we know it will be worth it in the end.

(I pray an earthquake doesn't hit the day after we get there.)

No comments: