Sunday, February 07, 2010

I GET IT!!!

Steve Jobs is laughing at me, but I finally get the iPad.
It's not for me. It's not for Paul. It's not even for Ethan or Hannah. No, it's for my Grandma.
Yep. You heard me. Grandma.
Grandma, who doesn't want all the bells and whistles (nor price tag) of a computer. Grandma who wants to share pictures of the grandkids with the girls over coffee at the Y after her swim aerobics class using their free Wi-Fi. Grandma who doesn't need another utility bill when, let's face it, she would only be checking this blog, and maybe her Facebook page that her great-grandkids talked her into joining. Grandma who can't type anything on those tiny iPhone keys let alone see them (because she gets an external keyboard with the Pad)! And Grandma, who is cool, but thinks that having something new and gadget-esk makes her cooler.
So, it all makes sense to me now.
What doesn't make sense is why they didn't call it the iDepend?

No comments: