Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas time is here....

ok, look up to the sky, shape your mouth like the letter 'O' and start singing like the PEANUTS! Cause it's that time of year!!! YAY!
I have to say, I love the fall, when sweater season approaches I get all giddy inside, but there is something even more cozy about setting up that tree and sitting in all it's twinkling glory while sipping on hot apple cider. (yeah, I've done it.)
It's great though. And you know what's even better? Actually enjoying putting the tree up and seeing your little children decide where to put the ornaments. Not worrying about perfection, just sitting back and watching him go. Trying to explain that if too many ornaments are on one branch, it might be too heavy. Watching his face while he figures out what you just said. And then seeing him carefully remove each ornament and find a new "perfect" home on another branch. Warm fuzzies abound! :) I'm lame, I know. But seriously. Previous years, I was so stressed out that an ornament might break, the tree wouldn't look perfect, I wouldn't get it up in time, etc.  All of that is gone, and I have to tell you, I couldn't be happier with our hodge- podge, non-symmetrical tree.
Here are some pics of our evening. "Tradition" was the day after thanksgiving, but the timing just wasn't right, so, I waited until the next day, when Ethan could help, and I'm so glad I did.



This was cute, everything that had a hole in it went on the tree...








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! i am right there with ya! we put ours up the day after Thanksgiving, after dinner. i did the same thing as you...left the ornaments where the kids put them and i love the tree all the more this year for it!

Anonymous said...

I saved the picture of your tree as my desktop at work, it's so pretty
my favorite is the one with both kids, shirtless, decorating the tree-only in the tropics!

Anonymous said...

SO COOL!!!
the time elapsed tree decorating

love it!
Mom

Anonymous said...

gotta love the "stuff"--huh????

talk to you soon! Mandy