Saturday, May 01, 2010

Rainy Days

It's been fabulous here weather wise, sun shining and breezy all week long. And then. The weekend comes. This is the second soccer game that has been cancelled due to rain. And I'm not talking about "showers". It's severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings across middle Tennessee. It's been tough to find stuff to keep the kids busy and out of our hair all weekend. We hope to get some much needed indoor house work done while we're stuck indoors, though. Hopefully we can get all our garage sale things organized and start our master bath re-do. I've also decided that I absolutely despise the color in my kitchen and I can't take it anymore. So we're going to repaint it as well (and by "we", I mean I'm going to try my hardest to convince Paul he needs to do it since his painting skills are far superior to mine!). My friend who's an interior designer gave me a free mini consult the other day and we think the best value for resale would be to paint these ugly orange oak cabinets and it would look 10 times better. A lot of work, but low cost for high impact.
That's about all that's going on here. We're getting ready for my parents visit at the end of May and we hope to get away for our anniversary. 6 years! Can you believe it!? And we haven't had that much time away from the kids so I told Paul don't even buy me anything, just take me away and make me forget I have children for a night. That's a gift in itself.
Hope everything is well with everyone and we'll update soon! If anything interesting happens that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the b/r remodel! You guys have mad remodeling skillz.
-pauld